Thursday, May 25, 2006

Woven and Stoned!

I wish to propose this as the National Anthem of the STR club!

(to be sung to the tune of "We Love you Birdie" from "Bye, Bye, Birdie")

We love you "Socks that Rock"
Oh yes, we do!
We love you "Socks that Rock"
and we'll be true
When we're not knitting you
We're blue
Oh "Socks that Rock" we LOVE YOU!

Undoubtedly, there are alot of you who will think that I have completely lost my mind. To them I say only, "Be thou sad? Get thee a sock! Get the a sock!" (with apologies to the Bard).




I have finished the first sock of the new pattern and am completely enchanted (in the true sense of the word) I simply cannot stop knitting them! I'm knitting them at home. I'm knitting them between cases (or when surgeons are late). I even stayed at work 15 minutes longer than I had to, in order to Kitchner the toe! I NEVER stay at work longer that I have to (since I practically live there anyway). I am entranced. I am undone.

I truly understand what everyone means by the term "hand" now! It's an epiphany thing, I think. I am communing with this yarn! And the pattern!

Note the darling little picot edge at the cuff! Saturday, I'll go looking for buttons!
For those of you who said this yarn will not pool....please note the cute little bands of stripes...not exactly pooling, but definitely patterning in alternating colored stripes! Still adore it!!!!

I adore it so much that I actually cast on the second sock as soon as I finished the first one!!!!


And here's the proof!!!!

(I've fallen off the edge, haven't I?)

KINT ON!






7 Comments:

Blogger Ava said...

You're a fast knitter! We just got the yarn!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Wow - your sock looks great!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

I am with you. I am enchanted as well. I can't stop pulling my sock out at work and just admiring it. ;) Great job on your first sock!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Eleni said...

They are super great! I can't get over how fast you are knitting them. I'm still swatching, which I never do with socks, but I'm glad I did because for some reason I just keep going to smaller and smaller needles. Thoughts?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

I agree with you all the way, these socks are so much fun to knit. I am now turning the heel and this is for sure not going to be one of the one-sock syndrome socks.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

they look fab! love the way that color is knitting up! i like this pattern so much i might have to make several pairs! i am enchanted too ;)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Eleni said...

I admit it, I haven't finished this pair of socks yet, but I do really love it. And I look forward to finding kick-hiney buttons. Did you get the yarn for this month? Awesome!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home