Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weavin' and Rockin' Part Deux

Apparantly Blogger is now functional. Now we can post pictures, again!
Despite frustration with this apparatus, I have to look at this as another opportunity to wax rhapsodic over this yarn! If you are in love with this colorway, go to see Fricknits' Ode to STR. This is the singularly best praise in prose I've seen in awhile!

As I mentioned yesterday, my yarn came Saturday and simply SCREAMED to be wound! So loudly that I didn't even snap a picture of the skein! So you will have to do with my "Emergency sock yarn picture!



The hollering began when I started to put up the ball winder, and yarn swift. It kept hollering until I at least cast on the cuff (On Addi Turbo US 5's)...we don't need no stinkin' swatches! (Don't laugh later if they don't work...I was under the spell of this fabulously insistant yarn!) I managed to get the cuff mostly done Saturday evening. The linen stitch is very easy to memorize and looks SO great with this colorway!



Please note the darling little picot edge at the bottom of the picture (sorry about the lighting, but this was late Sunday afternoon). And the buttonholes just above it! (no, not a slip in the pattern!)

By Sunday afternoon, after many interruptions for necessary, if not quite so important, things, (like paying bills, cleaning house, laundry) I was up to knitting the heel.

I ended Sunday night with a sock, ( still whimpering loudly that a few hours loss of sleep would certainly be worth the finished product) heel turned, ready to start the gussets!


Cannot wait to post pictures of the finished sock! I hope everyone in the Rockin' Sock Club is having as good a time with this as I am!

Knit on!

1 Comments:

Blogger JulieFrick said...

Just LOVE the comment about the wool "hollering!" Thanks for the shout-out, too!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home