Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mom

The other reason for going to Austin.
In a small, central Texas town cemetery.

I miss you so much, I can't breathe if I think about it too long. I know we fought and feuded when I was young. I know we became good friends as I grew up. You were my touchstone, my "safe base", my conscience and my guide. I still hear your voice in my head when I'm troubled. I still see you with your hands on your hips when I've done something I shouldn't. Big girl and I stood at your grave yesterday, with flowers and tears, selfishly wishing you back with us.

On this Mother's day, I remember every little thing about you and weep like the child I still am. I remember everything you ever taught me, and go on like the woman you wished me to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger The_Add_Knitter said...

That is a very touching entry and brought tears to my eyes! A beautiful sentiment for Mother's Day.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home