Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I got trouble, Right here in River City!

With a capital T and that rhymes with D and that stands for DH!

Those of you that have been reading know that DH, lazy butt that he is, has had to have surgery (undoubtedly as a result of laying on his lazy butt all winter) to have his iliac artery unclogged. Since this wasn't possible (surgeon talk of blood clots travelling distally and clotting off entire foot!!!), he had to have a femoral to femoral bypass. OK. That's done. Good blood flow. Good pulses. Good boy.
And, since this was certainly exacerbated by his smoking, he finally QUIT! (yeah!)

But....(you know there had to be one), I have come to realize that I am married to the largest WEENIE on the entire planet!!!!!

Now, when I had our daughter by C-section, cut side to side, had my gutty wuts removed and replaced and then stapled together, (with a giant hole in my uterus mattress stitched together...yes, the same mattress stitch you use in sewing), DH expected me to get up and take care of all of the people who came to see the baby. Cook. Make refreshments. Keep the kids under control.
But let him have 2 tiny groin incisions, and he thinks that we should all wait on him, coddle him, constantly check his incision, etc. And bandage changes are a nightmare! If you pull off the tape, he swears that you are pulling out fingernails or testicles! I swear that he actually asked me to push the button on the remote control once! He kinda backed off when my head started to spin.

Needless to say, the sheep pen is a disaster! And to complicate everything, big girl moves home for the summer this week!

But, you will all be glad to hear that some knitting has occurred! Just not in photos, yet.

I'm up to round 40 on the Rogue...working like mad to get to the point where you join the pocket so I can get those flippin' needles that it is on out of my way! I've also worked on grandson's sweater some, and knit some more on socks (two on two circs, toe up). I'm dying to get into my STR socks, but might have to wait until this weekend. (If I don't hurry, I'll be one sock behind in the club)

I don't know what the rest of you do when you're stressed. I know some drink wine, or eat chocolate. Some take long baths, or have a "lie down". But, I would be willing to bet that many more of you do what I just did...BUY MORE YARN!

Yep, they got me in the Project Spectrum sock a long....I'm anxiously anticipating my first yarn....

AND I WON!!! Yep, I won some Regia sock yarn from CIRQUE DU SOCKS! Thank you Elaine!!!! I NEVER win anything, so this is almost as good a chocolate!

Think I'd better go knit?

3 Comments:

Blogger DianeS said...

There's something to be said for weinie husbands. When mine is sick, he goes to bed and sleeps hard for a few years. While this does keep him out of the way, if he runs a fever, he runs a HIGH fever, and had occasionally hallucinated. When we were young and newly married, he actually drove a carpool full of people home in that condition, without being completely sure where he was and what road he was one. I never know how sick he is or if he's in pain or anything. At least with a weinie, you know their condition. Maybe too well, but you know it.

8:53 PM  
Blogger MandyJ said...

I have to say me and my hubby are the opposites I'm more the whiney, complaining and wanting to be waited on hand and foot(never happens) I get told the pain is normal and quit being a baby. Where he after having his appendix out went back to work 2 days later in sweats LOL. I'm sorry he's not feeling well hope he gets better soon. :-)

5:19 AM  
Blogger MandyJ said...

Just wanted to respond to what kind of yarn I used, it was Lorna's Laces "Jungle stripe" :-)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home