Sunday, April 02, 2006

Rendering Ceasar

Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's....

Knitters who live in the US all know what's coming....April 15th. Tax day.
Now, I know that every year on April 15th, I'm going to have to pay money.
I know that I need all my information to enter on the tax forms.
I know that I need to have paid quarterly taxes all year long.
I know that I will need to make a trip to North Dallas to the financial planner dude to fund Keough, educational funds, etc. in order to pay the government less.
So, why do I resent it so?

BECAUSE IT HAS CUT INTO MY KNITTING TIME!!!!!!!

(Sorry for the shouting, but it pisses me right off!)

I envy women who get to knit for hours instead of minutes!
I envy those who actually have FO's to post!

Now, my son actually WORKS for the IRS (attorney...do I sound proud?) in DC. I really wouldn't mind paying taxes so much if they would just let me send HIM a check. I might even send it early. Just deduct it from what you owe him! :)

Speaking of which, son, nuera y piqueno nineto flew through DFW on Friday, so I actually got to SEE him for an hour! This is the first time we've been able to see each other since Thanksgiving 2004! WOW! He got SO BIG!














Gratuitous Grandma and Grandson picture!

While he looks a little like a deer in the headlights here, by the time they left he was blowing kisses and saying "Vamos?". I plan to go to DC in June. Give me a couple of weeks with this guy and I'll have him wrapped around my little finger (or me around his!)!

Knitting has been limited, because of filthy lucre greedy jerks who want their money ON TIME!
Such as it is, I have rounded the heel on the second Jaywalker...it's all downhill from here!

I also finally got the nerve to cast on the rogue AGAIN!



Now this is only the hem, but it IS straight! No more moeibus rougues for me, no sir! And I will always know when I reach the end of my round, thanks to my beautiful stitch markers, courtesy of Rabbitch. Take a bow!

Isn't it beautiful?

Perhaps more knitting time this week...if DH doesn't object to me knitting at the NASCAR race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home