Monday, April 10, 2006

Boogity, boogity, boogity

Please forgive the lack of postings this week....busy, busy!

DH has been having trouble with his leg (previously stented open TWICE) and had to see the vascular surgeon on Monday. On Thursday, we wound up at the hospital having an aortogram with R U N N O F T. (See "Oh, Brother, Where art Thou?") The results: he has another occlustion of the Right iliac artery, which means that he will be going into the hospital tomorrow to have a femoral to femoral bypass done. Great.

Now, prior to all this, he invited his brother and sister-in-law to visit, and go the NEXTEL cup races at Texas Motor Speedway. So, here I have a husband who can't walk 10 yards without resting, two KY natives in the big city, and a race to get to. The logistics of THAT were mind boggling. Plus, I had to work in between hospitals, family, kids, etc.

Needless to say, not a lot of knitting going on. I did manage to finish the Jaywalkers while we were waiting for the surgeon to report back on what we were going to have to do.



These were knit with Lorna's Laces yarn. I love the colors, but found it interesting the way the colors pooled on the feet. Anyone have any ideas how to prevent this in the future? I knit each sock the same, but would've liked them much more if I could've kept the stripes going as on the leg.

(Note the pigeon toed picture, trying to illustrate the stripes!) But, they're finished and I love them. VERY comfortable pattern! Thank you, Grumperina!!!

Will post more this week, hopefully. With DH out of commission, it's liable to get really frantic around here! Prayers, good thoughts, etc. will be gratefully accepted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Hi Jo! I found the same problem with my Jaywalkers (Lorna's Laces in Watercolor). I'm pretty sure the pooling happens when you switch to the stockinette sole - not much you can do about that. One thing to try is knitting from alternate skeins - it blurs the pooling, but it still won't look like it does on the ankle. A good pair of slides or mules should cover up the foot (which still looks pretty darn good to me). Good luck with your ailling hubby.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Yeah, what Elaine said about the LL. Every pair of Jaywalkers I've seen out of LL has the pooling thing - I think yours looks pretty cool with the giant zig-zags.

Best wishes for your husband's no-fun medical procedure.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home