Sunday, January 29, 2006

of FO's and new WIP's

I haven't posted in several days...I actually decided that I needed to be knitting, instead of messing with the computer, since the Knitting Olympics has become such an incredible competition! Training, you know! Since I am currently knitting a sweater in the same yarn that I will use for my Olympic event, I consider this "training." Of course, I've been working on this sweater for 6 weeks....can I finish one in 16 days?????


Anyway, I finally finished the sweater, including all the weaving of ends. All that is left to do is the buttons, but after all that sewing, I really wasn't up to buttons today. I will do that this week, as the elder princess will be in town for the Super Bowl. (Trust me, she doesn't care much about football, but the boyfriend does!) Would you like to see it? OK....








This is the collar





And this is the picture overall...I hope the detail comes across!


I am very happy with the way this has turned out...wait till you see it with the buttons!!






While I was waiting for the yourngest to finish her bath, I started on this project...more training for the Olympics (plus, I need to knit something for my grandson)
I am knitting this sweater in the recommended yarn

And this is how far I made it

Olympic notes:

You will notice that there are several more buttons on the sidebar under the olympics! I am absolutely delighted with the buttons from JenLa! They are hysterical! Also, the Welsh knitting team is amazing! I think we should ALL join them! (Plus, they'll just about take anybody!). An amazing number of people are signing up for the event! It's nice to know that there are so many of us out there!

More pics to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home